Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year....a reflection


So here we are, sitting on the brink. As I stand at the edge and I look back at this past year I reflect on what has happened, I worked for a Electrical Distributing company, I turned 22, I moved back to Rexburg and Started at BYU-Idaho, My family finally sold the farm and moved to Logan, I had heart complications in August and was in danger of dying, I returned to BYU-Idaho for another semester, I have dated, worked, won, lost, loved, cried, smiled. Has it been a good year? Do I feel like I have accomplished something? well, yes and no. I still have a lot to figure out, more soul searching to do, I am just taking my first steps on this wild ride we call life.
Also I look towards the future at the same moment, My brother will leave to go on his mission in the Toronto Canada East Spanish Speaking Mission, I will be working till April, when after I turn 23 I will travel back to the land of Rexburg to pursue my college career... beyond that the future is shady, I have many decisions to make and possible roads I can travel on, I pray that I will be able to make the right and appropriate choices for myself.
I would also like to get on my soapbox and rant a little to you guys, about new years resolutions. I do not believe in "New Years Resolutions" people wait till the end of a year then all of a sudden decide to make a resolution to stop a bad habbit, then, usually before January is over they give up or decide to do it later. I personally don't believe in setting that many goals, it is important to set goals, don't get me wrong, if you don't have something to work towards you won't get anything done... but I believe that if you set goals in everything and expect to excel then you miss the journey. anyway those are some thoughts from Sean, you can take them or leave them, whatever you want to do. lol
So I hope you all have a great new years, be safe, have fun, and I will see you all in 2010. isn't that weird? 20 10, 2010....

Sean Out,

No comments:

Post a Comment